Website forms can be submitted to Flywheel using two methods:
- Posting to Flywheel from existing web forms.
- Creating a new form in Flywheel, posting generated form code to your website.
Posting From Existing Forms
Existing web forms can post to Flywheel using the following URL:
All "Leads" fields in Flywheel (including custom fields) in your Flywheel instance can be submitted via webforms. Flywheel administrators can also create custom fields to match website forms.
The most common fields submitted include:
|Field Name||Field ID (used to post)||Additional Field Notes|
|Mobile Phone||mobile phone|
|Comments/Description||description||User-entered form notes & information|
|Address||primary_address_street||Street address of submission|
|Type||Type||Defines if the lead is a Customer or Dealer lead. Usually a hidden field.|
|External ID||external_account_id||Used on dealer-specific landing pages to automatically assign a dealer in Flywheel. Hidden field.|
|Campaign ID*||campaign_id*||Hidden static value of the Campaign. Used to prevent form spam. Flywheel can provide static value. Hidden field.|
|Assigned User ID *||assigned_user_id||Value should be a CRM ID. This user will be credited as 'creating' the record and will also have it assigned to them if there is no matching Dealer Rep|
|Redirect Url||redirect_url||This is a non-crm field. The app will redirect to the Url provided here after submitting the data. Typically this is a "Thanks for submitting" type page.|
The format for submitting each field is:
<input name="[Field ID]" value="[value you want to submit]" />
Creating a Website New Form
Important note: Form formatting is not included in the Flywheel form generator. We recommend working with your website provider to format/integrate forms into your website.
To create a new web form in Flywheel, follow these steps:
- Click on Marketing > Campaigns.
- Click on "Create Person Form" on the sidebar or top pop down bar.
- Add the fields needed onto the form. Note that required fields must be added to the form - they are highlighted in blue.
- Click on "Next"
- Relate the form to a Campaign. If one doesn't exist, create one.
- Click "Generate Form".
- Review the form for accuracy and completeness. Use the editor to make any wording changes as needed.
- Click "Save Form"
- Copy code from the form to your site, or send to the person in charge of your website content.